Baro is passionate about building a world-class company culture, delivering an exceptional guest experience and an admired employee experience. We’re looking for a Chef De Cuisine to join our fun and driven team! This team member will work side-by-side with Executive Chef, Steve Gonzalez, and will play a pivotal role in managing the day-to-day operations of the restaurant and venue.
Reporting to our Executive Chef, you’ll develop a working partnership with your team through your strong leadership and communication skills, optimistic personality and “hustle” mindset. We are looking for a systems-orientated chef that enjoys the back-end of the restaurant business as much as working on the line on a Saturday night.
If we just described you than we encourage you to continue reading to learn exactly what your role will entail.
- A proven track record of managing a team and helping team member learn new skill sets (cooking and career related).
- Oversee weekly inventory and costing
- Build weekly team member schedules and issue payroll/tips
- Be an integral part of seasonal menu creation
- Spearhead recruiting, interview and onboarding efforts
- Host weekly meetings with management team
- Share positive and constructive criticism with your team members
- Share our Net Promoter Score (NPS) feedback with our team and build operational improvement plans
- Work closely with our Face of House management team to create operational improvement plans
- Lead our Micro Customer Experience (MCE) program for our Heart of House team
- Work closely with our Experience Coordinator on large party, reservation and set-menu requests
- 3-5 years as a senior level Sous/Chef De Cuisine at a large-scale restaurant/venue
- A passion and/or knowledge for Latin American cuisine
- Have led recruiting, interviewing and onboarding strategies for a large-scale restaurant
- Proven track record of managing a team and developing people
- Vast experience in building and/or following training programs
- High computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Experience using Optimum Control or similar inventory software
- Knowledge of payroll software (i.e. Ceridian)
- Experience working in catering, banquets and hotels (asset but not required)
We thank all candidates for their interest in joining the Baro family. Due to a high volume of applicants, we will only be contacting those successful in the recruitment process.
To apply please email your resume in Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org