Status/Hours: Flexible Part-time Hours – Available to start May 2017
Baro is passionate about building a world-class company culture and delivering an exceptional customer experience. With an 1800 sq. ft. event space, The Loft at Baro located on our 3rd floor can hold up to 200 guests. The Loft at Baro houses several events such as, but not limited to: corporate bookings, private dinner functions, weddings and fundraisers. To ensure our events exceed our client’s expectations, we understand that including an Events Intern on our team is extremely important.
Reporting into our Events Coordinator, you’ll provide value with your strong client relationship capabilities and your detail oriented mindset. Your drive to gain experience in the field will be utilized when assisting on preliminary event details and onsite events. As an Events Intern, you will ensure compliance of our company standards while embodying our family-like culture. You create a fun work environment and value the importance of productivity, accuracy and strong client relations.
If we just described you, we encourage you to continue reading to learn what your role would entail as an Events Intern.
- Build strong client relationships over the phone, email and assisting with in-person consultations
- Utilize excel and additional events software for accurate data entry
- Continually improve existing processes to meet the changing needs of our clients
- Ensure adherence to set standards and expectations set by our Events Coordinator
- Attend and contribute to hosted events
- Embody the company culture while contributing value to the events team
- Other administrative duties as required
- High School Diploma
- Post-secondary education, or currently enrolled in a Communications, PR, Event Planning program, considered an asset
- Experience and/or working knowledge in the event industry
- Expert knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite (PhotoShop, Illustrator, InDesign), considered an asset
- Comfortable utilizing Mac computer software
- Refined English written and verbal communication skills
- A proven professional, who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Professional demeanour
- Masterful in accurate data entry
- ‘I care’ attitude
We thank all candidates for their time and interest in working at Baro. Due to a high volume of interested candidates, we will only be contacting those successful in the recruitment process.
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume along with two (2) references to: firstname.lastname@example.org