Baro is currently seeking a Venue Manager!
The Venue Manager is ultimately responsible for the overall performance of the events function at Baro. With full responsibility to Loft’s (Our world class event space) P&L and Revenue growth you’re excited to get the opportunity to truly own something and leave your mark on our business. You will lead a small team of two talented individuals, however with the growth plans of the company behind Baro, this could just be the start for you. You’re ambitious, creative, hard working and results oriented.
Baro is passionate about building a world-class company culture, delivering an exceptional guest & employee experience. We’re looking for a Venue Manager to join our fun and driven team! Reporting into our partnership group, you’ll develop a working partnership with your strong communication skills, upbeat personality and “hustle” mindset.
If we just described you then we encourage you to continue reading to learn exactly what your role will entail.
Compensation: Competitive salary + full benefits + Performance Bonus
- Build and manage in a disciplined fashion a realistic budget
- Deliver profitability goals
- Provide commentary to the partners as required
- Ensure the continued development of your team members
- Own engagement scores and implement plans to support their achievement
- Hold your team accountable to their goals and deadlines
- Carry out the performance review process
- Execute effective weekly one on one’s
- Implement and improve systems and process to deliver constantly improving results
- Ensure margin goals are achieved
- Build a culture of discipline around cost control
- Deliver world class NPS results
- Manage day of event operations as required (when the Event Coordinator is unavailable)
- Vendor and inventory management
- Collaborate with the marketing team to maximise ROI
- Build and execute a profitable pricing strategy
- Conduct periodic market scans to ensure premium position is maintained
- Hold the marketing team accountable to delivering lead generation goals
Sales & Sales Leadership
- Own account management small group of key, high value, corporate accounts
- Close inbound leads as required
- Represent Loft at Expo’s and Trade shows e.g. wedding expo’s
- 3+ years of Event Management/Venue Management or Event Sales experience
- Demonstrated financial acumen
- Leadership experience an asset but not required
- Familiarity with a CRM, Salesforce, Zoho, Reserve etc
- Proven customer service abilities and customer-centric mentality
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Thrives working independently
- Enjoys solving problems on the fly
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships
We thank all candidates for their interest in joining the Baro family. Due to a high volume of applicants, we will only be contacting those successful in the recruitment process.
To apply please email your resume in Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org