We’re very excited to announce that Baro’s parent company is expanding with multiple new venues opening in 2019 & beyond!
With the new venues coming, our internal team is also growing! We are currently looking for a Senior Marketing Manager to join the familia & lead our marketing efforts across all venues.
The ideal candidate enjoys project-based work & while being detail-oriented, they see the bigger picture. Each venue has its own unique story that turns first-timers into regulars.
The job description is copied below. If you are interested in this position, please submit a resume & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are also asking all applicants to attach an ad that they like with a short description of why they think it is effective.
If you know someone who would be perfect for this role, please encourage them to apply!
Honeycomb Hospitality is passionate about building a world-class company culture and delivering an exceptional dining and customer experience that goes above and beyond our competitors. To achieve our goals, we must develop and maintain a forward-thinking marketing strategy to tell guests about our various venues (Baro, Petty Cash & The General [opening 2019]) and the unique story behind each one.
We’re looking for a Senior Marketing Manager to join our creative and driven team. Reporting to our VP, Operations, you’ll contribute your goal-orientated and strategic mind, strong communication skills and creative vision.
The ideal candidate enjoys project-based work and while being detail-oriented, they see the bigger picture. Each venue has its own unique story that turns first-timers into regulars.
You find working with mixed media energizing and you’re excited about the idea of immersing yourself in the strategy behind fast growing hospitality group. Our vision is to be a hospitality trailblazer in Canada, North America & beyond.
OVERALL MARKETING STRATEGY
- Create & execute long term marketing strategies using various media to broadcast each venue’s unique message
- Adopt media communication theories to create engagement in social media, email broadcasts and in-person activations so that all marketing efforts are seen by as many people resulting in high cost efficiency
- Identify underperforming revenue streams and support them using new advertising & marketing efforts
- Identify key dates 30-45 days before the start of each quarter and create a step-by-step plan from content creation to customer acquisition
- Identify strategies to turn any negative customer experience into a positive
- Tracking conversions & adjusting strategies to continuously improve acquisitions
- Using internal (email list) & external (social media ads) communication methods to drive traffic to the website resulting in reservations
SOCIAL MEDIA PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- Oversee the planning, growth & execution of our overall organic social media strategy on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & YouTube
- Oversee all content creation (photo & video) to ensure that creatives align with each venue’s brand identity
- Identify areas of opportunity to further engage audiences on social media networks
- Execute digital media ads across Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Spotify, Google AdWords & other ad platforms that present a strong & measurable ROI
- Ensure all comments and messages on social media platforms are responded to within 24 hours
- Ensure all reviews on 3rd party platforms are responded to (regardless of rating) within 24 hours
DESIGN & PRINTING
- Must have an intermediate understanding Adobe Photoshop & Lightroom
- Must have experience working with commercial printing companies to create a wide variety of marketing materials (postcards, media walls, A frame inserts, trifold brochures, t-shirts, hats, etc)
- Must be well versed in image file conversion (PNG/PDF/JPEG to Vector)
- Must be familiar with email marketing software (Aweber & TurnStyle)
- Must constantly be acquiring new leads using Wi-Fi opt-ins, lead magnets and more
- Must be well versed in headline & creative copy writing
- Must have experience storyboarding, scriptwriting, directing & editing video content for social media & digital ad platforms
- Must be well versed in live video use on social media (Facebook & Instagram live)
- Must have an intermediate understanding of video editing software (Premiere or Final Cut)
- 5-7 years of experience in marketing & advertising
- Understanding of advanced communication theories in media
- Undergraduate degree preferred with focus on marketing, communication, and/or advertising
- Design capabilities with Adobe product (Photoshop, Lightroom, InDesign)
- Strong management skills and a proven track record of managing a team & growing their team’s professional skills
- You enjoy working on projects & meeting tight deadlines – some after-hours work will be required
- Master communicator: visual, verbal & written (with impeccable grammar)
- Extreme attention to detail
- Passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences
- You’re committed to your personal development. You love learning from others and applying the education.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency and prefers a dynamic team environment
- Excellent at managing multiple projects simultaneously and meeting tight timelines
- Self-awareness, with a desire for constant self-improvement (goal–oriented)
- Resourceful, creative and respectful when it comes to getting what you need to move your projects forward